How to make your resume and profile searchable
To make your resume searchable:
- Sign into USAJOBS and go to your Profile.
- Go to Documents—your resumes will appear in your Documents.
- Click the Searchable checkbox on the resume you want to make searchable—if your profile is complete, it will become searchable too.
If you want to remove your resume from the resume bank, deselect the Searchable checkbox.
Keep in mind:
- You can only make one resume searchable at a time.
- Only certain formats are searchable including Word, text-based PDF, text files and resumes created using our Resume Builder tool.
- Your resume will only remain searchable for 18 months unless it is renewed.
- Your profile will be searchable too, if it’s complete.
Why make my resume and profile searchable?
Making your resume searchable adds it to the USAJOBS resume bank. HR specialists and hiring managers from federal agencies use the resume bank to look for people (with a searchable resume in their USAJOBS profile) to fill their job vacancies.
Plus, when your resume is searchable and you have completed your profile, your profile is searchable too.